The Public Service Regulatory Board (PSRB) consolidates the Energy Bureau, Transportation Bureau and other Public Services Bureau, Telecommunications Bureau and the Independent Consumer Protection Office. PSRB’s mission is to ensure that users of energy, transportation, and telecommunications entities have access to high-quality, safe, and reliable services at reasonable prices.
To achieve greater efficiency of the services and ensure public interest, in 2018 the PSRB was created by virtue of the Reorganization Plan No. 8 of 2018 and the Act for the Execution of the Reorganization Plan of the Regulatory Board of Public Service of Puerto Rico, Act No.-211-2018. This reorganization seeks to facilitate the conditions for the effective regulation of transportation, telecommunications and energy services with the private sector, promoting the aggressive development of economies and better integrated services.
The PSRB carries out different steps to successfully fulfill its mission through a robust and comprehensive analysis that leads to independent decision-making, after open and fair processes for the parties.
- Protect the citizen to guarantee, through inspection, an efficient and safe service at reasonable prices.
- Promote compliance with the regulated needs.
- Constantly drive improvements in the performance of the industries under our jurisdiction for the benefit of their consumers, employees, interested parties, the utilities themselves and the public.
- Foment competition by regulating utilities according to their stage of development and public interest.
- Achieve the operational efficiency of the agency’s components with the greatest possible savings.